Boulder 2150 mono power amplifier
Boulder’s award-winning 2150 mono power amplifiers are some of the best amplifiers in the world, capable of driving any loudspeakers with enormous control and finesse.
The 2150 mono amplifier is the beneficiary of 30 years of amplifier design. It replaces the renowned 2050 mono amplifier, a benchmark product that stayed in continuous production receiving rave reviews for almost 18 years.
The 2150s represent the concerted efforts of numerous Boulder craftsmen, designers, engineers, and technicians working to offer the very finest audio playback components in the world. These amplifiers are among the best that Boulder has to offer.
Having the perfect template to build on, Boulder analysed, improved, and evolved the 2150 into something much greater than its predecessor. It outperforms it in every way.
- Boulder’s most powerful continuously manufactured amplifier: 1000W into any load
- Computer designed surface-mount circuit boards secured in custom-machined frames, each damped to eliminate mechanical distortion
- Dual toroidal transformers, potted and installed in a welded steel enclosure: transformer hum is not permitted
- Boulder Link for turn-on and turn-off amplifiers and to send status messages to the display of any Boulder preamplifier
- 12V trigger connection for remote turn-on by most surround-sound processors and control systems
- Two 99H2 gain stages (one for + audio and one for – audio), a third-generation descendent of the 990 gain stage used in recording and broadcast studios world-wide
- Supervisor board monitors and controls all aspects of the amplifier’s operating status
- Dual gain stage design maximizes bandwidth by incorporating the majority of gain in the first stage
- Designed as a fully-balanced, true monaural amplifier for ideal loudspeaker interface
- Full Class-A biasing actively managed with an analogue circuit that reduces heat and improves efficiency
- Massive instant power delivery and damping from 80 bipolar output transistors
- Dual speaker connections via easy to connect, high-current speaker terminals to accommodate bi-wired loudspeakers
- Continuous Power, Each Channel: 1,000W into 8Ω, 4Ω or 2Ω
- Peak Power, Each Channel: 1,000W into 8Ω, 2,000W into 4Ω and 4,000W into 2Ω
- Frequency Response -3dB @ 0.015 Hz, 200kHz
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN), 20kHz BW 1.5 µV
- Magnitude Response, 20 to 20KHz +0.00, -0.04 dB
- Magnitude Response, -3dB at 0.015 Hz, 200 kHz
- Voltage Gain 26dB
- Input Impedance Balanced: 200kΩ,
- Unbalanced 100kΩ
- Common Mode Rejection (Balanced only) 60 Hz: 90 dB, 10 kHz: 70 dB
- Inputs 3-pin Balanced
- Output Connectors 2 sets of 6 mm / .250 inch wingscrews
- Power Requirements 100V, 110V-120V, & 220-240 VAC 50-60 Hz, 250W nominal, 5000 W at maximum output
- Weight Amplifier: 220 lbs. (99.8 kg),
- Shipping: 319 lbs. (144.7 kg).