Boulder 3060 stereo power amplifier
There are projects that contradict conventions and redefine striving for perfection. These attempts push the boundaries of what is thought to be possible. They embody the very concept of what it takes to be the best. Just like the 3060.
These are Boulder’s premier power amplifiers. Few people will ever see or hear them and fewer still will be lucky enough to own them. And yet because of their very existence the limits of sound reproduction have been pushed further than ever before. At every step of their development, one fundamental objective was consistent: the pursuit of absolute perfection in sound quality. Mission accomplished.
Innovative technologies, intelligent construction and unmistakable design redefine the idea of striving for perfection. Over time these efforts become second nature. Boulder’s 3000 Series is the summit of high performance.
- Production of the 3060 is extremely limited and every unit is built to order
- All assemblies are completely designed, manufactured and hand-assembled at our facility in Louisville, Colorado
- 900W per channel power output into any loudspeaker load
- Each amplifier is shipped with a polished black granite base that is cut to match the footprint and casework angles of the amplifier
- Contains four (two per channel) of Boulder’s highest performing gain stage, the 99H
- Bias operation is Class-A to full rated output power and managed with an analogue circuit that minimizes heat and power consumption
- 60 bipolar output transistors per channel for unmatched control of virtually any loudspeaker
- 48 filter capacitors are part of an ultra-responsive, low-impedance power supply
- Five power transformers, each housed in a machined case and potted to eliminate any noise, vibration or hum
- Continuous Power, Each Channel: 900W into 8Ω, 4Ω or 2Ω
- Peak Power, Each Channel: 1,000W into 8Ω, 1,650W into 4Ω and 2,000W into 2Ω
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN), 20kHz BW 1.5 µV
- Magnitude Response, 20 to 20KHz +0.00, -0.04 dB
- Magnitude Response, -3dB at 0.015Hz, 200kHz
- Voltage Gain 26dB
- Input Impedance Balanced: 200KΩ,
- Unbalanced 100KΩ
- Common Mode Rejection (Balanced only) 60 Hz: 90dB, 10kHz: 70dB
- Inputs 3-pin Balanced
- Output Connectors 2 sets of 6 mm / .250 inch wing screws
- Power Requirements 220-240 VAC 50-60 Hz, 300W nominal, 6000 W at maximum output
- Weight: Amplifier: 355 lbs. (161 kg), Granite Base: 86 lbs. (39 kg), Shipping: 563 lbs. (256 kg).