Consistently recommended and awarded throughout its 12+ year history, the Gram Amp 2 SE phono preamp earned its latest 5 star recommendation in the Feb 2014 edition of Hi-Fi Choice: “…the Gram Amp offers a level of musical enjoyment beyond what its price tag suggests”
Excellent value for money – September 2012 saw the styling change to our own anodised slim-line all-aluminium extruded enclosure with its classic clean line styling and solid build quality.
An amazing little fixed gain RIAA preamp for moving magnet and high output moving coil cartridges, also suited to high output moving iron phono cartridges (sensitivity range 2-10mV). It’s quite a gem as you’ll find!
The Gram Amp 2 Special Edition RIAA preamp was first launched in 2001 with a number of refinements over the original legendary Gram Amp 2. The Special Edition features 50 percent more gain to deliver a higher output which is a close match to digital sources.
Originally designed to be an entry-level RIAA preamp for the USA market, it earned itself several recommendations from the American Hi-Fi press.
- Input range: 2mV – 10mV rms
- Output range (for above inputs): 224mV to 1120mV rms
- Gain: 41dB (Av 112) ref 1kHz
- Phase margin: 90 degrees
- Maximum input level: 41mV (ref: 1 kHz)
- Input impedance resistive: 47k Ohms
- Input impedance capacitive: 100pF
- Output noise: (CCIR Q-Pk 22Hz-22 kHz) -74dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) -115dB
- Reproduction characteristic: RIAA within 0.5dB total deviation 20Hz-20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise measured at 80Hz, 1kHz, 5.6 kHz and 16 kHz: <0.05% (typically <0.015% at 1 kHz)
- Channel balance: 0.1dB
- Channel separation: 64dB
- Size: 107 x 117 x 50mm approx.
- Fast-Active preamp and equalisation technology
- Inherent reduced vinyl click and pop characteristic
- Rock steady sound stage
- Truly 3D performance
- Superior classic ground configuration
- Can be upgraded by using a PSU1 unipolar power supply instead of the “green” switched mode unit supplied