- No PC required for setup and installation – no specialist knowledge needed.
- Specific IP port for Streamer / Player with additional Network port for Control and Ethernet. Simply creates robust network for streaming high resolution music and control even on complex networks.
- Pre-installed media server – no configuration required.
- Supports multiple specialised media servers – currently shipping with Twonky 7 with DSD support.
- Informative OLED front panel display – displays current streaming track data, system status, and setup.
- Simple menu navigation structure and track selection
- Simple front panel on-off switch – just like Hi-Fi.
- 15 seconds only to full power-on.
- 5 seconds to full shut-down
- Safe against unintended power down – no requirement for UPS
Our own Melco N1A is now available for sale. Finished in BLACK and boxed with all accessories. A great saving on new.
The Melco N1A is a dedicated music storage device dedicated for high resolution audio but without the need for a PC. Unlike a NAS (Network Storage Device) which is a computer based product , the Melco has been designed for pure audiophile performance.
Until now the only way of distributing, storing and listening to even the highest resolution digital music has, at some stage, involved computers or computer-like devices – equipment designed to handle far more than music, so it has never been solely dedicated to sonic excellence. Even when players have been designed by “Audio Specialists” old thinking and “IT” connectivity has impaired audio performance. The Melco changes all that.
To achieve its incredible level of performance the Melco, by its nature, is a very advanced technical product BUT it was always in the minds eye of the creators to make the product approachable, easy to understand and most importantly easy to operate, for everyone!