Music Library N1 is the world’s first audiophile grade source component. N1 is not just a simple NAS for PC or transport, but manage all music files’access, store, deliver and play with high quality hardware and software.
Melco N1 and N1/2 are audiophile grade source components to access, store and deliver Hi-Res Digital Music without any of the compromises of computers and their peripherals. They are both music store and UPnP server for Ethernet connected streaming solutions, and are also a source for a USB connected DAC. When connected to an USB-DAC, the internal player can be controlled directly from the front panel as well as by network App. The USB-DAC player supports DSD as both DoP and as Markerless DSD (Not DoP). There is no need for a PC in order to setup or manage the system and there is no data switch or IT device in the signal path to come between you and your music.
Direct Hi-Res Music Download
– Simply add your existing account ID and password on the front display, then purchase music on the vendor web site. The Melco will automatically download any pending music purchases and will also apply CRC check to ensure no data corruption.
– No need for a download computer with risk of data corruption and need to then move the music from the PC to the Melco.
– Download High-Res Music to Melco Digital Music Library.
– Current download partner: HIGH RES AUDIO.COM (Germany): https://www.highresaudio.com/
Support for USB/CD/DVD/BD drives
Melco will import or play music from a USB connected optical drive.
Optical drive is automatically recognised – no setup or configuration.
– CD-DA/CD Extra/Mixed-Mode CD are supported.
– Gracenote Metadata and High Resolution Cover-Art * Cover-Arts can’t be copied/moved
– Support for DATA Disc
– Imported CD is automatically placed into import_CD folder for easy music management.
– Menu items allows for setting of CD loader offsets for bit perfect import.
– Compatible CD Drives: MELCO, D100, Pioneer, BDR-S09J-X, Buffalo, BRXL-16U3. Other Drives may work with N1.
– Compatible USB HDD Drives: MELCO, E100, BUFFALO, HD-PNF Series.
Other USB 2.0/ 3.0 USB HDD/SSD drives may work with N1.
Unlike PC based systems, Melco has a dedicated PLAYER port. This allows connection directly to the network Streamer or Player without any data switch in the signal path which would damage the music data.
This direct connection concept we call Direct Streaming Music – DSM – and it is unique to Melco as in conjunction with the Ethernet purifier between the LAN and PLAYER ports DSM ensures that the Player receives only clean and accurate data, all packets are timed with low-jitter precision and all unwanted traffic is blocked. LAN lights can be disabled for highest possible data integrity.
There are two methods of operation – Network Mode is the default and allows a Tablet connected to the Wi-Fi to control the player as normal. But for ultra-pure music playback DIRECT MODE can be selected – in this case there is no need for any external Ethernet or IT components, and the Melco acts as DHCP server to the Player. Browsing and control is then from the player front panel.