Are you passionate about music and desire a unique personal listening experience, yet don’t have the urge to build a “full blown” music system? Are you looking for the perfect desktop solution for a computer based audio system? Do you already own a high-performance music system and have a craving to listen to headphones without making a compromise? If you already have a MOON system, this can be the control center for a secondary system. Or do you simply want to get maximum performance from your reasonably efficient, unbalanced headphones? The possibilities are endless…
The 230HAD is a headphone amplifier, a DAC and a line-stage preamplifier all housed in one very stylish package. What else could you possibly ask for?
The 230HAD is more than capable of the task, whatever your needs may be. Based heavily on the reference 430HA headphone amp, the 230HAD features a DSD256/32-bit PCM capable Digital-to-Analog converter (DAC) that can be used with virtually any digital source such a computer, satellite TV receiver or Blu-Ray player, and offering the same fidelity as your main music system.
Ultimately, the 230HAD fills an immense void in the current headphone marketplace, especially when considering its exceptional “price to performance” ratio. Today music lovers need a flexible high quality DAC, capable of both DSD and hi-res PCM. This multi-function product is more about affordable high-performance than minor features.
- Pure analog amplifier includes a transconductance circuit topology.
- Inputs include 1 single-ended on rear-mounted RCA’s and 1 single-ended on 1/8” jack located on the front panel.
- Outputs include a 1/4″ TRS headphone jack on the front panel, as well as, both fixed and variable line-level single-ended RCA stereo pairs in the rear.
- An oversized power supply using 1 toroidal transformers in conjunction with 8 stages of DC voltage regulation (4 each for the amplifier and the DAC).
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) with four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source; Supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB input only); Supports PCM 16/44.4kHz to 24/192kHz (all inputs) and up to PCM 32/384kHz (USB input only).
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components throughout.
- Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy.
- Includes CRM-2 remote control.