Extensive research carried out over the last few years has been fully employed in producing the integrated CDX2 CD player. More recently the CDX2 has undergone some performance-enhancing modifications to offer additional flexibility and continue in its offering of as few compromises as possible to ensure complete musical satisfaction, rivalling that of the finest analogue turntables.
Notable among the modifications to the new version are the inclusion of a switchable S/PDIF output for use with external digital to analogue converters and a BNC connector for correct impedance matching, as well as performance-enhancing modifications to the internal boards.
The CDX2 is designed to be the best in its class, incorporating genuine technological advances to provide a thoroughly enjoyable musical experience.
- Ultra-high quality CD player.
- Twenty power regulators make up a fully double-regulated power supply with exceptional dynamic stability.
- User-configurable versatile (DIN/phono) outputs.
- Full infrared remote control.
- RC5 input for wired remote control in complex installations.
- Optional RS232 input/output for use in full home automation systems.
- The optional Naim XPS power supply provides six regulated power supplies; this significantly reduces supply noise for all circuitry.
The CDX2’s design was recently updated and includes:
- Redesigned 4-layer (rather than 2) motherboard giving better tracking and a greater copper area.
- New tray board.
- Switchable S/PDIF output – either have analogue or digital, but only one at a time for no compromise. S/PDIF is disabled when using analogue output stage.
- Extra low-noise clock regulation.
- Infrared – takes modulated and demodulated inputs.