The NAC 252 descends from the NAC 52 – still one of the finest preamplifiers ever manufactured. It brings both control and connectivity advances over the NAC 52, and a significantly enhanced construction, aesthetic and finish. Its performance, too, is enhanced with the benefit of a decade of R&D bringing yet more speed, detail, transparency and music.
The Naim NAC 252 combines stunningly musical and accurate hi-fi reproduction with extensive flexibility to ensure it will remain at the heart of top quality systems for many years to come.
In addition to the preferred DIN inputs the NAC 252 owner can configure two of the inputs for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non-Naim cables and components to be used. A user-configurable unity-gain input is provided for use with the AV2 processor or similar.
Each of the six inputs features separate listen and record facilities. In addition to the usual record mute, the NAC 252 mutes not only the output but also powers down all associated record circuitry, eliminating any possibility of degrading the main output.
- Six line-level inputs including two user-configurable versatile (DIN / phono) inputs.
- User configurable unity-gain AV input.
- Powered input for use with StageLine or Prefix phono stage.
- Full infrared remote control.
- RC5 input for wired remote control in complex installations.
- Optional RS232 input /output for use in full home automation systems.
- The Naim Super-Cap power supply provides each of the ten audio circuits with an independent regulated power supply.
- Separately regulated power supply for the digital control and switching circuitry.