At 70 Watts per channel, the NAIT XS 2 is more powerful than its NAIT XS predecessor. It also features numerous refinements to enhance its music making still further: ceramic heatsink technology, constant current source drive electronics, a reconfigured internal layout to optimise signal paths and custom manufactured film style capacitors in all audio critical locations.
Constructed in a slimline aluminium enclosure, the NAIT XS 2 provides six analogue inputs and the same innovative Class A headphone amplifier as the SUPERNAIT 2. With any amplifier, however, the proof of its technology is in the listening. The NAIT XS 2 is both powerful and delicate, dynamic and even-handed. It does everything the music asks and delivers everything that a Naim amplifier should.
- 70W (into 8ohms) 100W (into 4ohms)
- 6 analogue inputs: 4 x DIN/RCA pair, 1 x RCA pair, 1 x DIN (for Naim phono amplifier)
- 1/4″ (6.35mm) headphone output and high-quality Class-A headphone amplifier
- Constant current source circuit technique employed (introduced in NAC 552 preamplifier) to provide ultra-quiet drive signals for relays to improve sound quality
- Ceramic heat sink isolation for improved sound quality on power and preamp section
- Performance upgradable with FlatCap, HiCap or SuperCap power supplies
- Custom-designed toroidal transformer with seven separate windings
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
- USB-mini B for future software upgrades
- British build and design