Our ex-demonstration NDX is now for sale. Boxed as new.
The world’s first audiophile network music player, the NDX remains an exceptional streaming solution, surpassed only by the NDS. Its performance-oriented design retains the single-component convenience of the ND5 XS, but includes a significantly improved power supply with a custom-designed toroidal transformer plus four separate windings for its digital, DSP, clock and analogue output stages.
The performance of the NDX is matched only by its digital versatility. High-resolution UPnP network streaming, Spotify Connect, USB/iPod playback, thousands of internet radio stations, DAB/FM radio, digital inputs for external sources, multiroom streaming and a bespoke iOS and Android control app will get you listening to more music than ever before.
Beneath NDX versatility lies one of the most technically ambitious and accomplished of all Naim products. The wide variety of digital audio data streams and signal types, and the necessity that each one is delivered to the NDX outputs with maximum fidelity, demanded first that many new and innovative techniques for electronic signal isolation had to be developed and refined. The full spectrum of Naim’s uniquely advanced digital signal handling and processing techniques is also deployed in the NDX.
The NDX uses the same RAM buffer and master-clock jitter removal technique of the Naim DACoutboard digital to analogue converter and all the oversampling, filtering and signal management techniques that have brought Naim to the forefront of digital music in the home. NDX is a true audiophile product where maximising sound quality drives every development decision.
The NDX can be used in conjunction with the XPSor 555 PS power supplies to significantly enhance its performance. However, only Classic Series XPSunits are compatible with the NDX, not the older Olive Series versions.*
* Please note: only current “Classic” style XPS power supplies can be used with the NDX. Older “Olive” style XPS units are incompatible and cannot be used.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution from Naim hard disk servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3. Gapless playback on all lossless file formats and on most compressed music
- Three 24bit/192kHz capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player/iPod and USB-stored audio
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Optional DAB+/DAB/FM radio module
- Multiroom & Party Mode compatible
- iOS and Android Naim app for intuitive control