The SUPERNAIT 2 combines a muscular 80 Watts per channel power amplifier with six analogue inputs. In terms of both performance and hardware, it is conceptually as close as it is possible to get to separate pre and power amps in one box. It borrows advanced technology from Naim’s flagship preamplifiers, the NAC 552, and in employing the latest Naim DR (Discrete Regulator) techniques in its power supply, sits right at the forefront of Naim amplifier technology. It is also constructed in the classic Naim full height extruded aluminium enclosure.
- 80W per channel (in 8 ohms), 130W per channgel (into 4 ohms)
- Built in Naim DR (Discrete Regulator) supplying preamplifier section
- ¼″ (6.35mm) headphone output and high-quality Class-A headphone amplifier
- Constant current source circuit technique employed (introduced in NAC 552 preamplifier) to provide ultra-quiet drive signals for relays to improve sound quality
- All inputs are individually decoupled and hand-wired for improved microphonic isolation (as per NAC 282 upwards)
- Ceramic heat sink isolation for improved sound quality on power and preamp section
- Performance upgradable via Naim FlatCap, HiCap or SuperCap power supplies
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
- USB-mini B for future software upgrades
- British build and design
Technical highlights include a Class A preamp output stage which doubles as a headphone amplifier, ceramic heatsink technology that minimises capacitive coupling between the chassis and output transistors and individually decoupled and hand-wired input sockets. Its internal switching employs ultra-low-noise, constant current sources which are derived directly from the flagship NAC 552 preamplifier. The SUPERNAIT 2 doesn’t miss a trick or a beat.
It doesn’t miss any music either. The SUPERNAIT 2 is never fazed by the demands of either speaker or music. It simply delivers dynamic, detailed and engaging music that can’t fail to move you.