Plinius Hiato integrated amplifier
One of the best integrated amplifiers on the market, the Plinius Hiato combines huge power output with class leading subtlety and flexibility.
With 300 watts per channel the Hiato integrated stereo amplifier is a serious piece of equipment capable of driving big, difficult to drive speakers. It masters complex musical pieces that many dedicated power amps struggle with to give you spine tingling detail in the treble and control over the bass and mid-range that is a pure delight.
If you are looking for an integrated amplifier solution in your music system but you don’t want to sacrifice the benefits that true, well controlled power can bring then this amplifier is for you.
The rear panel layout includes four line-level inputs and a user adjustable phono input. High quality WBT RCA connectors are used on all line level and phono inputs with additional balanced XLR inputs for CD and Line 1. It has RCA and XLR HT bypass input, remote IR input and 12V input/output triggers. There are four pairs of output connectors allowing bi-wired speaker applications, line level output for archiving and pre-out for bi-amping.
The phono stage is optional and draws on the technology from Plinius’s famous Koru phono stage to delivery top class performance.
On the front panel a small, unobtrusive 3.5mm jack allows a casual user to connect portable media, and the Hiato’s full function remote control also operates the Plinius CD players.
The Hiato is the winner of many press accolades, including five stars from What Hi-Fi as well as Absolute Sound’s Editor’s Choice and Product of the Year awards.
- Power: 300 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms. Both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz at less than 0.2% total harmonic distortion
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/–0.2dB, –3dB at 70kHz
- Typically >0.05% THD at rated power
- 0.1% THD and IM worst case prior to clipping
- Current Output: 50A short duration peak per channel, fuse protected
- Slew Rate: 50V/µs
- Hum & Noise: 90dB below rated output 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted
- Optional Phono Input:
- RCA Unbalanced Input
- Adjustable Gain: 50dB, 56dB, 60dB, 66dB
- Adjustable Load: 47k, 470R, 100R, 47R, 22R
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/–0.2dB within RIAA spec
- Signal to Noise Ratio: –80dB wrt 5mV input, A weighted
- Distortion: >0.01% THD at all levels below clipping
- Power/Current Consumption:
- 1100VA (maximum)
- 0.6A (138W) Class AB Idle
- 0.3A (69W) Standby
- Height: 170mm (7.5″)
- Width: 450mm (17.75″)
- Depth: 455mm (17.75″)
- Weight: 25kg (56lbs)