Plinius Kaitaki preamplifier
The Plinius Kaitaki is a class-leading preamplifier offering astounding value for money and perfectly capable of driving the very best power amps.
Visible controls on the Kaitaki are the rotary volume knob and source selection buttons with all other functions driven from the distinctive Plinius remote control. LED indicators on the front panel display demonstrate the source selected and status of the mute, phase and HT bypass functions.
The Kaitaki will allow the connection of up to 5 source components including both balanced and single ended connection for CD. A processor loop allows integration with a home theatre system and output is available from RCA or XLR connectors.
The optional adjustable phono stage model allows enjoyment of vinyl at a sophisticated level without the need to purchase a specialised phono preamplifier.
The electronics topography is derived in part from development work done on circuits for our later generation integrated amplifiers and source components, and a power supply with extremely low impedance allows the audio circuitry to deliver its best.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-0.2dB
- Distortion: >0.05% THD at rated input level
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -80dB at rated input level, A weighted
- Input Sensitivity for Rated Output:
- 125mV RMS Unbalanced inputs
- 62mV RMS Balanced inputs
- Input Impedence: 50k ohms
- Rated Pre-Out Level: 500mV RMS into 10k ohms or higher
- Pre-Out Minimum Recommended Load: 47k ohms
- Line Out Level: 190mV at 200 ohms
- Output Source Impedence: Typically 100 ohms
- Gain (Line Amplifier): 12dB
- Power/Current Consumption: 40W (maximum) / 0.10A (23W)
- Height: 105mm 4″
- Width: 450mm 17.75″
- Depth: 400mm 15.75″
- Weight: 9kg 20lbs
- Phono Input:
- Input Capacitance: 100pF
- Gain: 60dB, 66dB
- Load: 47k ohms, 470 ohms, 100 ohms, 47 ohms, 22 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-0.2dB, within RIAA specification
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -80dB wrt 5mV input, A weighted
- Distortion: >0.01% THD at all levels below clipping
- Streamer: DLNA 1.0/1.5 compatible
- DAC Capability: 24 bit, 192ks/s
- Audio Support: FLAC (up to 24/192), LPCM (up to 24/192), AIFF, MP3
- Input: 1 x RJ45 Ethernet connector