Plinius Kiokio stereo power amplifier
The Kiokio is a new power amplifier from Plinius, delivering astounding performance with copious power coupled with class-leading subtlety.
It is based on the SB-301 but in a new chassis, originally developed for AV rack installations. The new design proves so popular with hi-fi enthusiasts that it is available in a non-rack configuration.
Like many Plinius components, the Kiokio is amongst the best power amplifiers on the market today and delivers astounding performance for its price, outperforming most competitors at several times its price.
The Kiokio delivers the power to recreate realistic listening levels with any genre of music on almost any speakers, and can form the heart of a high-end audio systems as well as driving no-compromise AV performance.
While it has tremendous power reserves, it is when the Kiokio turns its attention to the subtleties of sound reproduction that it truly shows its greatness. Against an eerily quiet backdrop it paints a palette of tonal colors, reproducing subtle music cues and micro-details that bring a performance to life.
This amplifier delivers all the dynamics, finesse and transparency that Plinius is renowned for. Like all Plinius products it is very reliable and will rise to the challenge of difficult operating conditions time and time again.
- Power: 310 watts continuous per channel into 8 ohms, both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz at less than 0.2% total harmonic distortion.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/–0.2dB, –3dB at 70 kHz
- Typically >0.05% THD at rated power
- 0.1% THD and IM worst case prior to clipping
- Current Output: 100A short duration peak per channel, fuse protected
- Rise Time: Typically 5µs
- Phase Response: +0° at 20Hz and –14° at 20kHz
- Hum And Noise: 100dB below rated output 20Hz to 20kHz, A weighted
- Input Impedance: 47k ohms
- RCA Inputs: 32dB
- Balanced Inputs: 38dB
- Power/Current Consumption:
- 900W (maximum)
- 1.6A (370W) Class AB Idle
- 0.2A (46W) Standby
- Height: 220mm (8.75″)
- Width: 500mm (19.75″)
- Depth: 455mm (18″)
- Weight: 38kg (83lbs)