Plinius SA Reference power amplifier (ex demonstration)
The award winning SA Reference power amplifier paints a seamless sonic picture from the most tuneful and accurate bass to a sweet, extended top end.
The SA-Reference is one of the finest power amplifiers available at any price. Like many Plinius components, the SA-Reference delivers astounding performance for its price, outperforming most competitors at several times its price.
Designed to work as either a monoblock, or a stereo amplifier. They are truly a masterpiece of design and they display the very best craftsmanship in their build quality.
As a bridged monoblock the SA-Reference will exceed 1kW of pure balanced amplification and in balanced XLR mode operates as a true balanced amplifier from input to output. Premium components have been used throughout and Class A operation is maintained to over 100 Watts per Channel while 300 Watts is available in both Class A and Class AB stereo mode.
When you purchase a Plinius SA Reference amplifier you are among a very select group of audio enthusiasts that have realised the dream of owning a product that delivers sonic clarity and aesthetic finish combined with extraordinary build quality. The team at Plinius is immensely proud every time one of these units leaves the factory.
Winner of accolades from Stereophile (Recommended Component), What Hi-Fi (Five stars) and Tone Audio magazine.
- Stereo sustained power output, both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz at 0.05% total harmonic distortion:
- 300 Watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms.
- 450 Watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms.
- Mono sustained power output:
- 1000 Watts RMS 20Hz to 20kHz into 8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-0.2dB. 0dB at 0Hz and -3dB at 70kHz
- Typically >0.05% THD at rated power
- 0.1% THD and IM worst case prior to clipping
- Voltage Swing: 130Vpp per channel
- Current Output: 100A short duration peak per channel. Fuse protected
- Rise Time: Typically 4us
- Slew Rate: <50V/us
- Hum & Noise: 100dB below rated output 20Hz to 20kHz A-weighted
- Gain: 32dB Unbalanced, 38dB Balanced
- Input Impedance: 47k
- Height: 275mm (10 3/4”)
- Width: 510mm (20”)
- Depth: 535mm (21”)
- Weight: 57kg (125lbs)