More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied into the new HD 800. Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, these open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-level audio is all about. You will form an altogether new height of sonic perspective as you experience a high-fidelity natural hearing experience. Do take note that presently, no other manufacturer has been able to come up as close as the HD 800 in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing.
Matching these headphones’ reference-grade audio performance is their striking and visually effective industrial design. Premium parts have gone into their production – the transducer is encased by a precision material made of stainless steel. The earpads are handcrafted from a high-quality microfiber fabric. This material is extremely comfortable to wear and easy to maintain. The headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced development from the aerospace industry. In terms of connectivity, these headphones utilise specially-designed, four-wire, high-performance connections with Teflon insulation.
Truly, the HD 800 are a glorious success and have become a pioneer in headphone development.
HD 800 – Crafted for perfection.
- New reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience – realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today – new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with inner damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors
- 2 year warranty
- Extended to 5 years warranty through Club Orpheus dealers Criterion Audio (Registration required)
|Frequency response (headphones)||14 – 44100 Hz (- 3 dB)|
|Frequency response||6 – 51000 Hz (- 10 dB)|
|THD, total harmonic distortion||0.02 % (1 kHz 1 Vrms)|
|Contact pressure||~ 3,4 N (± 0,3 N)|
|Jack plug||Jack stereo ¼” (6,3 mm)|
|Cable length||3 m|
|Transducer principle||dynamic, open|
|Weight||Without cable: 330 g|
|Nominal impedance||300 Ω|