Sennheiser’s HDV 820 is the next generation of its acclaimed digital headphones amplifier, designed to complete the Sennheiser audio experience and perfectly complement its high-end audiophile headphone range for the ultimate acoustic performance.
There are two things that mark a quest for perfection: It is never completed, and it has the potential to bring out the most extraordinary things with the power to shape the future within its field. Enter the HDV 820, which will surely change the way you listen to and experience your music. That is, if you are lucky enough to possess headphones capable of turning the extremely high-quality audio signal delivered by the HDV 820 into an aural quality just as supreme.
Virtually everything. That is what the HDV 820 will give to your headphones. So, it will be up to them to make it heard. The different timbres of two otherwise identical instruments. The distance between the musicians of an orchestra, the tension before a singer delivers the first note. It is all there, for you to discover.
The higher the tech, the higher the emotion. The heart of the new HDV 820 is a formidable ESS SABRE32 DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that surpasses the previous generation with an even higher resolution of 32 bits and a sampling rate of up to 384 kHz. The amplifier is also capable of playing DSD256 files of up to 12.3 MHz.
What’s in the box?
- HDV 820 Headphone Amplifier
- Power supply cable (depending on region; EU, UK, US, CN, KR)
- Quick guide
- Safety guide
- Microfiber cloth
- USB flash drive (SD-U16L version) with instruction manual (as PDF file) and driver software for Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Dimensions: Approx. 224 x 44 x 306 mm
- Frequency response: < 10 Hz to > 100 kHz
- Weight: Approx. 2.25 kg
- Power consumption: Nominal 12 W (2 x 300 Ω headphones connected to the 4.4 mm outputs)
- Power supply: 100 – 240 V ~, 50 – 60 Hz
- Gain: UNBAL input/XLR-4 output: Adjustable 14 dB, 22 dB, 30 dB, 38 dB, 46 dB: BAL input/XLR-4 output: 16 dB
- Dynamic range: > 115 dB @ 600 Ω load (A-weighted)
- Voltage: 100 – 240 V ~, 50 – 60 Hz
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.001 %