The 310 is the 10 inch version of the ever-popular 300 series tonearm from SME.
The Series 300 broadens the application of SME technology. A one piece magnesium tone arm, available as Model 309 and Model 310.
The detachable magnesium headshell has a new style coupling, providing the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange without loss of rigidity.
Our designers can be justly proud of these models which offer a performance and manufacturing excellence unmatched by many more expensive models.
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Internal wiring in silver litz.
|Series 300 Specifications||Series 309||Series 310|
|Cartridge balance||6 – 17g||6 – 17g|
|Vertical tracking force||0 – 2.5g||0 – 3g|
|Maximum tracking error||0.013°/mm||0.013°/mm|
|Pivot-sindle centre distance||213.4mm||220.0mm|