The Model M2-9R precision pick up arm developed, by popular demand, from the Model M2-12R offers the design and engineering excellence associated with SME Ltd in a more compact package.
As a member of the M2 family this arm is built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and among its extensive features are included: Vertical and horizontal tracking adjustment, Tungsten balance weights housed in satin chromed brass sleeves. Double draw-pin detachable headshell with azimuth adjustment and height adjustment by thumb wheel enabling its use with wide range of both cartridges and turntables.
- S2-R Aluminium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Double draw-in pin bayonet fitting design ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Stainless steel ground horizontal spindle carried in substantial yoke in lOmm diameter precision ball race bearings.
- Stainless steel ground vertical spindle with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple the spindle with the yoke.
- The 23mm diameter steel pillar is heat treated, ground, internally honed and carries two 17mm diameter precision ball race bearings widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Internal wiring is Silver Litz.
|Series M2-9R Specifications|
|Cartridge balance range||Up to 38.0g (S2-R headshell)
Up to 46.0g (Plug-in heads)
|Vertical tracking force VTF up to||5.0g|
|Maximum tracking error||0.013°/mm|
|Null points||Inner 66.04mm
|Audio lead||1.2m balanced hybrid cable with
gold plated connectors