The flagship 12 inch version of the M2 tonearm.
The The Model M2-12R precision pick-up arm is an extension of the popular Series M2 range offering optimum cartridge choice with minimal tracking error and harmonic distortion associated with a 12 inch arm.
Providing classic looks and meticulous build quality, this arm offers all the most important features, traditional ‘J’ shaped tone-arm, detachable S2-R aluminium headshell with azimuth adjustment, two stage tungsten counterbalance system, superb quality ball race bearings and a level of rigidity to suit all types of cartridge.
- The 12in construction with thin walled stainless steel tone-arm takes advantage of the reduction in maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9in models.
- S2-R Aluminum shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Double draw-in pin bayonet fitting design ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Unique headshell to tone-arm coupling readily allows cartridge azimuth adjustment.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in a substantial yoke on 10mm precision ball races.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Internal wiring in silver litz.
|Series M2-12R Specifications|
|Cartridge balance range||Up to 38.0g (S2-R headshell)
Up to 46.0g (Plug-in heads)
|Vertical tracking force VTF up to||5.0g|
|Maximum tracking error||0.01°/mm|
|Null points||Inner 66.04mm
|Audio lead||1.2m balanced hybrid cable with
gold plated connectors