The Dino Mk3 is a high performance phono amplifier which at an affordable price gives you tremendous value.
Please note: Picture shows the Dino Mk3 with the optional Dino + power supply. This version comes with the standard torodial PSU (separate picture).
- Improved looks – Improved sound
- Fully compatible with all Trichord Phono Stage power supplies
- Noise levels reduced by 4.5dB
- High quality PTFE gold plated phono connectors on rear panel
- Re-designed circuit board with improved ground layout
- New analogue output stage using Low Noise, precision JFET op amps to greatly improve sound quality
- Compatible with MM and MC cartridges
- Gain and cartridge loading adjustable by easily accessible DIP switches
Designed for transparency and realism, this superb sounding amplifier is based on the fore-running Dino Mk1 and Dino Mk2 phono stages which have won many awards and accolades along the way.
Whether you have an ultra-low output Moving Coil cartridge or a high output Moving Magnet the Dino Mk3 will cope easily. A set of user friendly switches on the base of the unit allows you to simply adjust load and gain settings.
These settings are vital to match the amplifier to the cartridge and obtain the best sonic result. If your current phono stage only has a couple of options for this function, eg a MM/MC switch, then you are missing out on the ability to tune your system to it’s optimum.
An entire upgrade path exists for this product which allows you to improve performance each step of the way.
Two main items are required for operation – the Dino Mk3 phono stage itself and an accompanying power supply.
Start with the basic ac Toroidal Power Supply and work your way up in performance by upgrading to the ‘Dino+’ dc power supply, or ultimately to the ‘Never Connected’ dc power supply. An upgrade from the ‘Dino+’ to the ‘Never Connected’ is also possible by returning your unit to us to upgrade the electronics.
To further enhance the sonic performance of these dc power units an upgrade ‘High Performance Power Lead’ is available to replace the supplied dc power lead.